AC's Thoughts On Life

Hello one and all! I am here for the purpose of my Honors English class. This is where I will write down my thoughts about anything and everything. Just know that they will not help solve world hunger or cause world peace, but, they should be oddly entertaining! Enjoy!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

We Just Don't Talk Anymore.......

Alright everybody, I've been thinking about something lately and I have some questions. Why is it that nobody really talks anymore? Instead of talking we are all texting or IMing. I have had this happen to me on several different occasions where someone will call me so I can get online and IM with them when they could just talk to me right there on the phone. Another thing I've had people do is this, they will write something down on their phone and then hand it to me, then they tell my to write something back. I sit there and wonder why? I could have a whole conversation with you in half the time it takes us to write something to each other. I know that there are times when texting or IMing are the best way to comunicate. Like when your in class and you text your friend instead of talking because they are in another class and there is no other way to talk to them without leaving the room. There is also I good reason for IMing. If you have dail up and the phone doesn't work while your online, or if you're parents are mad at you for staying on the phone too long, but these are rarely the case. I know that about 99.9% of people are going to hate me know, but seriously, think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alina said...

Well, yes, I guess that is true. Perhaps we have no common sense left or we are just too lazy to actually use our mouths. Ha ha. Oh, and just because, you spelled "you're" wrong and "communicate" and "dial". Yep, guess that's all. And I'm going to be one of the people who aren't going to hate you!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Londonchick2 said...

That is very annoying isn't it! I mean, I never text in class just in case I miss anything but, it would just be easier to talk to people.
You have to remember I am the queen of IM, but I don't use the phone a lot because I would rather be in my room (where my computer is).

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home