AC's Thoughts On Life

Hello one and all! I am here for the purpose of my Honors English class. This is where I will write down my thoughts about anything and everything. Just know that they will not help solve world hunger or cause world peace, but, they should be oddly entertaining! Enjoy!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fast Food Addiction




We all probably know by now that the United States is the fattest country in the world. Because of this fact, many people are turning around and putting the blame on McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, etc. A lot of changes have been made in the way the fast food chains are opperaiting now due to all of the claims being made that they are the reason for making us so fat. McDonalds and Wendys have added healthier choices for kids meals such as apple dippers, fruit cups, milk, and turky and cheese sandwiches which you can choose instead of the unhealthy fries, soda, and cheeseburgers. Even with these choices, we still get the same old burger and fries. Infact, for every 68 sales at McDonalds, only one of them includes even one healthy item.
Mcdonalds is spread out accross the whole world. There are Mcdonalds resturants in over 115 countries which serve up to 50 million people everyday. So why is it that there arn't 115 "fat" countries??
I think that it has less to do with fast food, and more to do with laziness. Think about it. Many Americans spend atleast an hour a day infront of a tv. Many teens spend hours on the computer everyday on IM, Myspace, and game websites. It seems like sitting around has become what we are best at. Instead of walking a block to the video store or walking down the street to our neighbors house, we hop in our car. If we were to excersize and balance all the fast food with healthy food, we probably wouldn't have this problem.We just need to become a little more self motivated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Starchild28 said...

No kidding! Arren't we all like that? Put the blame on someone else once we know we have done something wrong? This is totally true, but I have to say, that even though I am not overweight, I do order unhealthy things whenever I happen to be at McDonalds. Still, I think that I do better than most.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home