AC's Thoughts On Life

Hello one and all! I am here for the purpose of my Honors English class. This is where I will write down my thoughts about anything and everything. Just know that they will not help solve world hunger or cause world peace, but, they should be oddly entertaining! Enjoy!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Don't Say A Word 3

As the time creept on faster and faster towards when I was supposed to leave I felt myself becoming more and more unsure about going to meet this stranger. I was scared of not knowing what would happen but the fact that I might be able to find out what happened to Alisa finally convinced me to follow through with meeting Kevin.

I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 12:50. I grabbed my black jacket off of the floor and put it on. I wanted to make sure that I saw whoever it was I was meeting before they saw me. My siblings had all gone to bed and my mother was in her room reading her novel. My father was downstairs and had fallen asleep infront of the TV which was now playing an add for a new kitchen cleaner. The stairs creaked under my feet as I slowly made my way down to the kitchen. The back door would be easier to sneak out of than the front. I hurried through the kitchen and out the back door before I could change my mind. As the door clicked shut behind I made my way over to the side of the house and inched my way towards the street. Goosebumps started forming on my arms and the wind started to blow harder than it was before. When I reached the street I looked around to make sure that no one was around.

Walking down the street alone reminded me of those old movies where the girl is on her way home from a night with her friends and she gets that weird feeling that someone is following her. That was exactly how I felt. I kept looking beind me to make sure that there was no one there. The sound of my own footsteps seemed to put me on edge. I heard a noise that sounded like it was comeing from the bushes a little ways infront of me. I stopped and stood there as still as I could waiting to see what had made the noise. I kept my eyes on the bushes and saw the tail of a black cat. I've never been real suspicious but it still managed to put a knot in my stomach. I started walking again, faster than I had been before. When I came to the edge of the park I didn't see anyone else there. I raised my arm up and pulled the sleeve of my jacket up over my watch. It was 1:10. There was a group of trees over by the corner of the park and I decided that I wold have a good view of the park from there and I would also be hidden by all of the branches. I turned to go over to the trees when I saw a red honda slow down and pull over to the curb. I couldn't move. I wanted to run, scream, anything, but my feet where frozen to the cold cement. My heart was racing and I found it harder to breath. The car came to a stop but whoever was in the car remained in the car. The engine stopped but still no one got out of the car. If i ran over to the trees I would have to runn right in front of the car. My mind was racing and I was trying to think of where to go. I didn't want to move incase the person inside of the car didn't realize that I was there.

The passenger side door opened but no one got out. The car just sat there looking at me as if it were saying to me, I'll get you in the end so I'm going to take my time. Everything was so quiet. I was breathing so loud that even if the people in the car couldn't see my I was sure that they could definitely hear me. As I stood there in the silence I heard a sound from behind me. This seemed to be a signal for the driver in the car. The passenger side door slammed shut and the car started. It began to come towards me and I finally found the strength to turn and run. As I turned to run there was someone standing right behind me. I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out before they threw their hand over my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home