Playing Dumb
After being in Junior High for almost 3 years, there is one thing that continues to puzzle me. Why do people act like they don't care? So many kids in our school pretend like they could care less about their grades and their homework. I've noticed that half of these kids end up getting on the honor role and simply saying " I don't see how that happened. I never even turned anything in." Do they think that it's cooler to not care about anything? When I think about this subject I can't help but get the image of one celebrity in mind, Jessica Simpson. On the show Newly Weds that she did with her former husband Nick Lachey she was constantly acting clueless and ditzy. She was always saying words in the text and saying things that had nothing to do with anything that was going on. She's famous for acting like a complete idiot. She goes around saying things like " so chicken of the sea is chicken right?" and " I don't want any buffalo wings, I'm against eating buffalos.", and she gets paid millions. Now, she may really just be that clueless but there is another person that comes to mind as well, Paris Hilton. On her show The Simple Life she runs around doing the most crazy things that people would never do in real life. During the whole show she just runs around like a crazy person getting in trouble and laughing about it. What confuses me is that she runs her own business. Then, 2 months after the 3rd season of her show, she did an interview with seventeen magazine where she said that she didn't understand why people don't take her seriously when she wants to talk about her business. I think that you shouldn't act dumb to try and get attention because later on nobody is going to take you seriously. Everyone will just assume that you are as dumb as you've been telling them you are.


4 Comments:
Perhaps those kids that pretend to be clueless want to be just like their favorite celebrities, or perhaps they want to be funny, or perhaps they just want to fit in with a certain crowd.
I think I've pretended to be clueless a couple of times, not to be funny though, to try and keep a secret.
This is a good topic though!
Very nice, very nice. It's a good topic, and I agree with you.
I'll have to agree. Really both Jessica and Paris.. I saw both those shows and I read that seventeen article. I felt like banging Paris Hilton with a iron pot. "people shouldn't judge me" was on the cover.. AAhh if you don't want people to judge you! DOn't give them a reason to! sorry love ya Sarah
I hate that too! Especially with the kids that not only pretend not to care but get good grades, but with the ones that pretend not to care but PURPOSFULLY get bad grades! I actually heard a kid say "I got an A?!?! Now I look like a nerd!"
Post a Comment
<< Home