AC's Thoughts On Life

Hello one and all! I am here for the purpose of my Honors English class. This is where I will write down my thoughts about anything and everything. Just know that they will not help solve world hunger or cause world peace, but, they should be oddly entertaining! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Junior High Dances

We had a Winter Dance not too long ago and we're getting ready to have an in school dance some time soon. I myself haven't been to a school dance since last year. The reason I decided to stop going was the fact that nobody ever really dances at the dance. In 7th grade when I went to my first school dance I was all excited about it. That was, until I got there. The only people that really dance are the people that are dating. Then there are multiple clusters and groups of people that just kind of stand there either hoping that somebody will ask them to dance or they're just talking to their friends about how bored they are. Then you have the people that just sit on the floor the whole time and talk to the people next to them. Honestly, if that's what you want to do that's perfectly fine and it doesn't bother me at all I'm just curious. It seems as though people make a big deal about dances but they never really end up being what they're made out to be. When you think of a dance you think of everybody dancing and smiling and having a good time. I'm just wondering why nobody does what it is that they went to do in the first place. Is it the fear of dancing like a fool and being laughed at? Is it that they're afraid of asking the certain person that they have a fancy for? Don't you think that it would be so much more fun if we all just had fun and stopped thinking about what others will think about us or say?

4 Comments:

Blogger Starchild28 said...

I agree, it seems like everyone, myself included, is scared of what other people will think when you dance with someone. I went to the last dance and danced with one person when they asked me, and besides that just hung around and was bored. Why are we so scared of silly things like this?

10:45 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Junior High Dances shouldn't be called dances but rather Junior High Hang Outs or something like that because there are a handful of people who actually dance, I've only been to one dance, that first one in 7th grade, and it was pretty boring so I haven't come again. It seems that there are two things that happen at the dances, 1)you get made fun of at you dance or 2) you die from boredom or a rare number 3)ACTUALLY HAVE FUN.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Londonchick2 said...

AMEN MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OVER WHAT EVERYONE THINKS! Much love AC!

love,
Londonchick

*You stay classy, American Chick!*

9:06 PM  
Blogger MRT said...

Reminds me of something else: Check this.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home